Unbound Tech is partnering with CyberArk to integrate its Multi-Party Computation (MPC)-based virtual HSM and encryption key management offering into the CyberArk Privileged Access Security Solution. The joint solution, available now to CyberArk customers, delivers one of the first enterprise-grade applications of MPC to ensure superior secret protection at a level once only possible with hardware.
Encryption keys are considered the keys to the digital kingdom, as they are used to secure enterprises’ most valuable information. With CyberArk Privileged Access Security, if attackers can compromise keys, the result would be unauthorized access to thousands of privileged user accounts, allowing malicious attackers to perform unsanctioned operations and exfiltrate an organization’s most sensitive data.
CyberArk Privileged Access Security, together with Unbound Key Control, discovers and onboards privileged accounts while ensuring that the keys that protect user credentials are never kept whole anywhere, but rather as random, meaningless shares. Unbound implements multi-party computation (MPC) to create and use the fragmented keys without ever unifying them. This mathematically proven solution makes keys invulnerable to breach or hack from any single location.
Safeguarding Privileged Access Security Keys
The CyberArk Privileged Access Security Solution is the industry’s most complete solution for protecting, controlling, and monitoring privileged access across on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructure. Designed from the ground up for security, the CyberArk solution helps organizations efficiently manage privileged credentials and access rights, proactively monitor and control privileged activity, intelligently identify suspicious activity, and quickly respond to threats.
Based on cryptographic breakthroughs Unbound Key Control (UKC) is the first solution to offer a truly abstracted key management that meets the high levels of security previously only attainable through hardware security module (HSM)-based perimeter-centric models. Built upon Unbound’s Distributed Trust Platform, UKC can protect and manage keys across your entire decentralized hybrid cloud and geo-distributed environments without disrupting existing application workflows.
Joint Capabilities & Features
Unbound Key Control protects your most sensitive keys by ensuring that they never exist in the clear at any point in their lifecycle – not when generated, while in use or at rest.
- Elastic and Scalable – Discover and onboard privileged credentials with elastic and scalable enterprise key management. Allows for quick adaptation to meet your changing needs.
- Transparent and Seamless Integration – Completely transparent and easily deployed without disrupting the existing PAS workflow.
- Future-ready and Agile Cryptography – Unbound Key Control is future-ready, so your cryptography infrastructure can be too. With crypto vulnerabilities uncovered regularly and the emergence of Quantum Computing, changes in crypto are happening faster than ever. Unbound provides a crypto-agile system that ensures you will be up and running the latest crypto, with update cycles measured in days, not months or years.
- Secured Management and Administration – Unbound Key Control allows customization of granular admin authorization and access management policies in multiple ways. For example, you can define a minimum number of admins who must work in unison on high-security operations. Or add another layer of access security at the application level, in addition to server authorization.
- Context-Based Auditing – Get the full details of every decrypt or signing operation in real time whenever a key is used. Receive detailed logs that include: operation type, date and time, the servers from which the request was made, and the authorizing users. The logs can be exported to third-party tools, such as SIEM.
Unbound and CyberArk can significantly reduce your privileged access security risk with the industry’s most comprehensive Privileged Access Security Solution, across your on-premises infrastructure and cloud. Unbound delivers the first enterprise-grade applications of Multi-Party Computation (MPC) to ensure superior secret protection, at a level once only possible with hardware. Together, CyberArk and Unbound place exceptional attention on protecting the encryption keys that safeguard user credentials.
For a solution brief and integration guide on this joint solution visit our Partners Page